Essential English Phrases for Hotel Conversations
Table of Contents
Booking and Reservations
- Do you have any vacancies? – Asking if rooms are available.
- I have a reservation. – Confirming a pre-booked stay.
- Is breakfast included? – Asking about meal options.
- What’s the check-out time? – Inquiring about when to leave.
- Can I extend my stay? – Asking to stay longer.
At the Front Desk
- I’d like to check in. – Initiating the check-in process.
- Can I have a wake-up call? – Requesting a morning call.
- Is there Wi-Fi? – Asking about internet access.
- Where is the elevator? – Locating the lift.
- Can I leave my luggage here? – Asking for luggage storage.
- Is there room service? – Asking about in-room dining.
- How do I adjust the A/C? – Controlling room temperature.
- Do you have a gym? – Inquiring about fitness facilities.
- Is there a minibar? – Asking about in-room refreshments.
- How does the TV work? – Operating the television.
Requests and Complaints
- The room is too noisy. – Reporting a problem.
- Can I have extra towels? – Requesting more amenities.
- The Wi-Fi isn’t working. – Reporting a technical issue.
- Can I get a late check-out? – Asking to leave later.
- Is there a lost and found? – Inquiring about misplaced items.
- I’d like to check out. – Initiating the check-out process.
- Is the bill correct? – Confirming charges.
- Can I get a receipt? – Asking for payment proof.
- How do I get to the airport? – Asking for transport options.
- Thank you for the stay. – Expressing gratitude.
These phrases are invaluable for anyone staying in hotels, especially for students preparing for university, business professionals on work trips, and self-improvement enthusiasts. Being familiar with these phrases can make your hotel experience more comfortable and efficient.